OneDrive Support by Professionals
OneDrive is known as a popular synchronization and storage service offered by Microsoft. It is a part of the Microsoft Office Online services. In the past, it was called Windows Live Folders, SkyDrive, and Windows Live. With the help of OneDrive download, customers can store data and information in cloud storage. This storage is online through which users can share their files with others. Also, OneDrive syncing allows them to sync files along with folders across multiple platforms like Windows desktop, iOS, and Android mobile devices. You must know that OneDrive syncing is available for Xbox 360, Xbox One consoles, and MAC OS machines. You can upload/save MS Office files on OneDrive directly. OneDrive download offers a free 5 GB storage option. However, you can also get paid storage options for 5 TB, 1 TB, and 50 GB. You can also get MS Office 365 subscriptions along with paid storage. The service serves a large number of customers through the OneDrive storage service. Due to this, the service can get interrupted sometimes. This troubleshooting guide is a one-stop solution for all problems related to OneDrive storage services. Go through the troubleshooting steps and apply them to resolve the issues.
How to Install OneDrive >> OneDrive Install Help
The first step to install OneDrive is to create a Microsoft account. After creating the account, you will be able to access the personal OneDrive online storage space. In addition, this account comes with Office Online, Messenger and Calendar. Follow the OneDrive install help to create the Microsoft Help:
- Before using OneDrive and Office Online, you are required to create a Microsoft account. If users have a @outlook.com, @live.com, or @hotmail.com account, it means you have a Microsoft account.
- Visit the OneDrive sign-in page
- Choose Create One!
- Input all the required information like the email address as well as its password
- Hit Create account
- The account is created, and you can access OneDrive
- Visit http://www.onedrive.com/
- Now, you can create new files in Office Online and access your documents.
OneDrive is pre-installed on the Windows 10 OS. Nevertheless, if you cannot locate it on your computer, you can use this guide to install OneDrive. The process for OneDrive download on Windows 10 is straightforward. You can install OneDrive online application by visiting the Download OneDrive page. Hit ‘Download OneDrive for Windows’ and save the installer file. Then, double click the file and follow the instructions to install OneDrive on Windows.
How to Setup OneDrive Mac account >> OneDrive Setup Help
OneDrive service can be used through an educational institution account or a company’s account, which is also known as Microsoft OneDrive for Business. Users are required to use their school or work account for signing in to use Microsoft OneDrive for Business. To get this service on your Mac, follow these steps.
- Open the web browser.
- Go to the OneDrive site.
- Hit Sign In
- Input the ID.
- Hit ‘Get the OneDrive App’
- Choose the Download option
- The OneDrive setup application will be downloaded on your Mac machine.
- Open the Downloads folder
- Double-tap the installer file.
- Use the on-screen instructions for OneDrive Mac setup.
How to Install OneDrive on Windows 10
You have the option to use OneDrive on your Windows system. For this purpose, use the following steps:
- Open the web browser
- Go to the OneDrive official page
- Open the homepage, hit ‘Click here to download’
- Save the file
- After downloading the file, open it.
- Hit Run
- Install OneDrive and hit the Cloud symbol for opening OneDrive.
If you are facing any problems with OneDrive operating on Windows 10, you need to follow this guide for uninstalling and reinstalling Onedrive on the computer.
- Right-click on the Start button
- Hit Run.
- Input appwiz.cpl and hit OK
- Locate ‘Microsoft OneDrive’ in the list
- Choose it and hit uninstall.
- Restart your system
- Open the web browser
- Go to the Onedrive official page by visiting https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/download/
- Hit ‘Need to reinstall? Click here to download’. A new installer will be downloaded to the system.
- Double tap on the downloaded file for opening it.
- Hit Run
- Install OneDrive and hit the Cloud symbol for opening OneDrive.
All about using Onedrive for Business
OneDrive is known for being an effective and affordable storage option for both small and large businesses. Also, it is easy to implement due to which any business can benefit from it. Follow this guide to set up Onedrive for business.
- Check the introductory information related to OneDrive information. You can access it from the OneDrive help section. In addition, you will find a number of FAQs over there.
- Users are required to buy the Microsoft Office 365 subscription to install Onedrive for businesses. Nevertheless, you are not required to purchase all the applications in the Office 365 suite. You are free to purchase what is important for your business.
- Now, go to the OneDrive site for downloading and to install OneDrive for business.
- Review the plan options and add all the OneDrive licenses needed for your business. You have the option to compare different OneDrive plans for business.
- Check the OneDrive settings and know about using OneDrive. It is possible through the OneDrive support section present on the OneDrive official site.
- You also need to install the sync client on your machine. These sync clients for OneDrive for the Mac and Windows OS are available online in the OneDrive help section.
- Lastly, you are required to manage your OneDrive account. Also, you must know that it is optional if you have a small business. You have the option to manage the advanced features along with OneDrive settings with the help of the admin center.
All about Uploading files to OneDrive
- Hit the Windows and E keys together for opening the File Explorer
- From the left pane, choose the OneDrive folder
- If you have different OneDrive accounts on your device, folders will be shown as Family, personal, and business accounts.
- You have the option of dragging or dropping the files onto the OneDrive folder.
- You can also copy and paste files and folders into the OneDrive folder. They will be synced automatically to your OneDrive account.
All about Uninstalling OneDrive >> OneDrive Help
As mentioned earlier, OneDrive is pre-installed on Windows 10. Also, if you log in with your Microsoft account, OneDrive is enabled by default. However, you may not need OneDrive or do not want it operating in the background. You have the option of uninstalling OneDrive from your system. This guide shows everything about removing OneDrive in a few steps. There is not an easy method for disabling OneDrive as Microsoft has not given any straightforward process. Disabling OneDrive will result in its removal from File Explorer, and you cannot run it. You also have the option to re-enable it if you change your mind. You must note that you cannot use this method on Windows 10 Home. If you run other versions of Windows 10 or Pro, move to the Group Policy Editor. It can be done by inputting ‘gpedit.msc’ in the search box.
- Then, go to Local Computer Policy
- Choose Computer Configuration
- Go to Administrative Templates and then Windows Components
- Choose OneDrive
- Turn on ‘Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage’
For removing OneDrive completely, use these settings:
- You need to open the command prompt.
- Right-click on the Windows logo and then hit Command Prompt (Admin)
- For terminating all OneDrive processes, input taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
- For 64-bit Windows, input %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
- For 32-bit Windows, input %SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
There will be no progress bar or confirmation dialog to ensure deleting OneDrive is completed. However, accessing OneDrive will not be possible anymore. OneDrive files and folders are still accessible on the system.
Official OneDrive Customer Service Number
If you are not able to access OneDrive, you can contact the official OneDrive customer service number. We have managed to find some OneDrive support and contact options through Internet research. However, these contact options can be changed anytime by the company. Thus, it is suggested that you confirm their validity before trusting them. As Microsoft offers this service, there is no separate support number for OneDrive. You can use the Microsoft support to manage your OneDrive issues.
|Global Customer Service Phone Number (US)||(800) 642 7676|
Get the OneDrive Latest Version >> OneDrive Update Help
If users have a Microsoft 365 subscription, they are dependent on OneDrive cloud storage for syncing and backing up files on their computers. Even if you do not have a subscription, you can enjoy 5 GB of OneDrive cloud storage. There are sometimes when OneDrive issues trouble users. It is usually because of the outdated OneDrive app for Windows. Also, most of the time, OneDrive updates on its own. But if it does not happen, follow these steps to get the OneDrive latest version:
- Hit the OneDrive icon on the taskbar
- Choose Help & Settings
- From the pop-up menu, hit Settings
- Hit About and then click the OneDrive version on the ‘About Microsoft OneDrive’ page
- If available, hit ‘Download OneDrive for Windows’
All about Backing up to OneDrive >> Microsoft Office OneDrive Support
Backing up to OneDrive will allow users to transfer files to the cloud. They will also be synced across the devices. For this purpose, use these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Move to Update & Security
- Hit Backup
- In the section ‘Backup files to OneDrive’, hit the option of Back up files
- You can choose the folders you do not want to be backed up.
- Hit Start backup
Resolving OneDrive Not Syncing Windows 10 Issue
OneDrive offers a hassle-free and secure way for keeping data safe on the cloud. With 5 GB of free storage, you can sync devices with the online drive. However, sometimes OneDrive sync issues can crop up. If you experience OneDrive not syncing issues, you need not worry. This guide will help you in resolving all the OneDrive sync issues. There are multiple methods for solving the synchronization issues. Resolve OneDrive not syncing Windows 10 issues by using these steps:
- Restart OneDrive to solve synchronization issues. Right-click the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and hit the Exit option. Then, choose ‘Close OneDrive’ to terminate the service. From the Start menu, open OneDrive again.
- Check the connection: Go to Settings and choose Accounts. Move to Email & Accounts and ensure you are logged in to the Microsoft account.
- Ensure the Sync option: The main folders of users are synced by default. If OneDrive folders not syncing troubles you, you can choose which folders to sync. Go to the OneDrive settings and then Accounts. Hit ‘Choose Folders’ and select the desired folders to resolve the OneDrive folders not syncing issue.
Resolving Onedrive not syncing Mac Issue
Suppose you are having problems with Onedrive not syncing Mac. You must use this guide to resolve this issue.
- Ensure that the internet is functioning fine. If there are fluctuations in the internet connection, you can experience OneDrive sync issues as it demands an active internet connection.
- Ensure that the file size is less than 15GB while the size of OneNote file must be 1GB. Try reducing or compressing the file to resolve the issue.
- Ensure that you have the proper permission for accessing the file or folder that you want to add to OneDrive.
- Restart the OneDrive app for Mac: Hit the OneDrive icon on the taskbar
- Hit Quit OneDrive
- Locate OneDrive application from the Start menu and open it.
- Update the OneDrive app for Mac: Visit the App Store
- Search the app in the search field
- If available, hit the Update option.
Resolving OneDrive isnt Connected Issue >> OneDrive Error Code 0x8004de40
If there was a problem connecting to OneDrive 0x8004de40 error, you need to follow this guide. If you see this error, it means OneDrive isnt connected. There can be several reasons behind this issue like a faulty or poor Internet connection. You need to change some settings to connect to OneDrive. If there was a problem connecting to OneDrive 0x8004de40 error, use the following guide:
- Ensure that the Internet connection is stable and strong
- Disable your proxy settings
- Reset Winsock or Windows Socket
- Reset OneDrive
OneDrive Support from Us
Even though OneDrive is reliable to a great extent, you may face functional issues on various occasions. If this is the case, go through the steps mentioned in this guide and enjoy hassle-free service. You also have the option to contact the number given on this web page to talk to an independent third-party OneDrive support executive who will guide you through the troubleshooting process.