HP Support By Experts
Hewlett-Packard, commonly known as HP, is an American multinational company that deals in information technology. Having headquarters in Palo Alto, California, it is known primarily for the range of HP computers and laptops they develop and market. Though they develop quite a few hardware and software components along with other services in addition to their range of laptops and computers. HP deals in both hardware as well as software components, and it is popular for both the ingredients in the market. The support service of HP is available as the HP support center, and it is developed to resolve the queries and issues of various HP devices with the help of HP support number in an instant time. The users need to call the HP support phone number to get the required assistance regarding their issues. The HP support contact number could be found on the official HP website.
Having been in the business for almost 80 odd years, HP has a very strong consumer base. This is also a result of the amazing after-sale HP support assistant support. The HP online support is as good as the offline HP support phone number and HP chat support help. Plus, as an additional plus point, one can find an HP support center almost everywhere worldwide quite easily. The best way to get instant help is to call the HP support number, and it connects the users to one of the HP online support where an expert technician is available all the time to assist the customers and answer the queries regarding their HP devices. The HP support phone number is just a click away from the customers. They just need to search for the HP support contact number online regarding the type of problem they are facing in their HP gadgets.
HP Support Phone Number :: HP Support Article :: Indie Support
HP is now a well-known name in the market as it provides the best and wide variety of software and hardware gadgets and services to the users all over the world. The services and products offered by the HP are affordable, effective, as well as reliable also. The best part of using the HP products is that HP provides time to time update for its products and the services it offers to the customers. The upgraded version of the services and products offered by HP provides new working experience to their users all over the world. The support service of HP is also popular among the customers as it is capable of resolving the issues happening in HP products in minutes only. HP has made available the HP support number which helps the users to get connected to the official HP chat support where an expert will provide you the required HP support assistant. There is another method to get the help you are looking for. Some common HP issues are discussed here with their solution that might be helpful in resolving several common issues in various HP products. The users should follow the procedure provided in each section to resolve the problem quickly without even taking the help of HP support phone number. We also advise the customers should prefer to use the solution provided in this article before they decide to call the HP support contact number for help.
There are a lot of reasons why your HP device might be running slow, most of which can be resolved without having to call HP support number or contact HP support chat. You can troubleshoot (using the step-by-step guide given below). But before you troubleshoot, you should try to check the following:
- Check and make certain that there is a minimum of 15% space free on the device’s hard dive.
- Update the Basic Input/ Output System (BIOS). You can use this and this link from HP online support for updating BIOS in HP Notebooks and HP Desktops respectively.
- Update your machine’s graphics driver by using the Device Manager. HP driver support for doing that:
- In Windows, you have to search and then open the Device Manager.
- Choose Display Adapters in the given device list.
- Do a right-click on graphics device and then click on Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software and then go with the instructions that you get on screen in order to install an updated
- Restart your device to finish the update installation process.
Ways to troubleshoot and support HP devices without using the phone number for HP support:
Maintain your device regularly by using tools and the updates
According to the help available at the HP support contact number, one should follow the following schedule for their device:
- Weekly: scan your system for viruses and update the virus definitions.
- Monthly: use the HP Support Assistant to perform the maintenance tasks or maintain the tasks by performing individual cleanups.
- Quarterly: check your device for any built-up dust and clean it as per the requirement to keep the device from overheating because of dust buildup. Also, keep updating the HP drivers, which you can learn about from the HP driver support.
Check for any corrupted system files in Windows
The help from HP support chat says that corrupt system files in Windows are a major reason for systems slowing down and various other problems. You can scan for any corrupted Windows system files by using the System File Checker (SFC), recommended by the HP chat support. In case it locates any problem, SFC tries to get files from cached version to replace those problem files. If it fails to replace the found corrupt files, you can use Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM) for them. DISM checks corrupted files and then replace them by downloading the replacement files through the Windows Update.
About this, the executives from the phone number for HP support say that the settings of the system features affect the device’s performance. It is also affected when a lot of apps are up and running at the same time. Using the Internet, watching a video or TV, playing games, playing music, and running scans for viruses are some software tasks, which use substantial system resources. If you run two or more of the given tasks at the same time, they might add up leading to the system slowing down. If you contact HP support chat or call HP support phone number regarding this, they would suggest you to run any scans for viruses and any other device tools when you are not using the computer.
Prevent overheating by reducing the heat inside your computer
The buildup of heat causes problems for every device. When the temperature inside the system’s case rises considerably (more than 35 degrees Celsius or 95 degrees Fahrenheit), the important internal components face great risks of getting damaged. As per the HP support center, the most obvious and common reason of overheating of any device is dust accumulation inside the device, so you shall clean the air vents from accumulated dust. The HP support number executives also advice to do away with the dust in order to increase the battery life.
Updating the memory can obviously improve the system performance. You can add or upgrade the Random-Access Memory (RAM) on almost all HP devices easily. You can check with the HP support number or use the HP online support to check if the RAM of your system could be upgraded.
Reset the device
As a last resort, if nothing else works, the help from the HP support phone number will suggest you to reset your device will suggest you. Resetting the device reinstalls Windows and deletes all of your personal data and files. You can back up your personal data before resetting and restore them when it’s complete to manage and support HP reset.
In addition to all these, the HP chat support and the help from calling HP support contact number also suggest you to try and change how the device uses memory, manage OneDrive sync, or perform a system recovery for your HP device.
For more help on these points, you can get the HP online support or the guided step-by-step help from HP support assistant here.
All of this should resolve your device’s performance issues. But if they still persist, feel free to seek HP professional help and contact HP support chat or call HP support phone number. You can also call on the toll-free support number mentioned on the website, and they will get you in touch with an independent third-party phone number for HP support to help you with your HP issues.
There are a lot of symptoms that you see when your system starts developing issues of freezing or locking up. Some of these, as listed by the HP chat support, are the Windows stopping to respond to the mouse or keyboard’s input, nothing moving on the display of your computer, the mouse cursor remains in busy mode constantly. Though you can take your device to the HP support center to get it fixed, there are some troubleshooting things that you can do to fix and support HP devices before you call HP support contact number.
Before you start troubleshooting, you might want to go through the following to find some better solution for any specific problem:
- If a blue screen of error opens up and you can’t seem to continue, see this.
- If your device gets locked up at any random time or soon after turning the system on, it might be because of a hardware failure. You can get more information regarding testing for failing components here.
- If the lockups happen while you get your device out of sleep mode, restart your device. Check the power arrangements and update Basic Input/ Output System (BIOS) to fix the issue. You can also refer to this if you want more information.
Now you can troubleshoot using the following steps listed with the help of the HP support number:
Step one: Unlock the computer that’s not responding
With help from the phone number for HP support, we have laid out the following steps, which you can use to try and figure out the cause why the lockup has happened. Your system might start responding after one of the steps without having to go through all of them. If that happens, troubleshooting will be complete at that instant only.
- Disconnect all additional devices from your system apart from the ones needed for minimal usage (keyboard, mouse, monitor).
- HP driver support suggests removing disks from the CD/DVD drives if there are any.
- Hold Alt Key down and press F4 to get the application to close.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+Esc together to open the Task Manager and review the applications list under Processes. There you can find the applications that aren’t responding. Keep a note of their names. Select any unresponsive application and click on End Task. Continue doing that till you have ended all unresponsive applications.
HP driver support says that while troubleshooting, use Windows Update to update drivers and the software programs on your device. You can get the HP driver support here.
Step 3: Update the Basic Input/ Output System
HP online support regularly releases BIOS updated in order to solve system issues. Therefore, if your system still freezes or locks up, update the BIOS. To get the BIOS support HP provides, visit here and follow onscreen instructions.
Step 4: Prevent overheating by reducing the heat inside your computer
The buildup of heat causes problems for every device. When the temperature inside the system’s case rises considerably (more than 35 degrees Celsius or 95 degrees Fahrenheit), the important internal components face great risks of getting damaged. As per the HP support center, the most obvious and common reason of overheating of any device is dust accumulation inside the device, so you shall clean the air vents from accumulated dust. The HP support contact number executives also advice to do away with the dust in order to increase the battery life.
Step 5: Scan your device for finding and removing viruses and malware
Scan your entire system, including the external storage, using the latest virus definitions. In case you don’t have an anti-virus, you can install a free one on the Internet to scan your system. For further help from the HP support assistant visit the HP online support here. You can get more information about viruses, malware, and methods to get them off here.
Step 6: Uninstall software in order to fix the lockup or freezing problems
The help from HP support phone number suggests that if your computer becomes unresponsive after installing any particular software program or application, you should uninstall it immediately. Older versions of some software or some software updates can also cause lockups or freezing issues; you shall uninstall those as well. However, you will have to call HP support number or contact HP support chat for help if you are not cautionary enough and accidentally uninstall Windows updates in the process.
Step 7: Find out more information regarding the software issue
Even though the help from the HP support contact number suggests uninstalling the software programs that cause the lockups or freezing issues because uninstalling fixes the problem, you might need that software and can’t uninstall it. In that case, it is a good idea to check the website of that software manufacturer because it is very much possible that other people also might have come across the same issue and the manufacturers might have come up with a solution.
Step 8: Use the MS System Restore
Another way that the executives at the phone number for HP support suggest to brink your device to an earlier time state is the System Restore.
You can use the following steps laid out by the HP chat support for System Restore:
- Search and open System in Windows.
- Click on System Protection
- Under System Protection, choose System Restore.
- Then, click on Next.
- You will see a list of old Date and Time Restore points. Choose one before the lockups started happening.
- Click on Next again, and a window will come up for confirming the restore point.
- Click Finish followed by clicking Yes to complete the process.
- Your computer would restart automatically once the restoration process is complete.
Step 9: Reset the device
As a last resort, if nothing else works, you can try resetting your device. Resetting the device reinstalls Windows and deletes all of your personal data and files. You can back up your personal data before resetting and restore them when it’s complete to manage and support HP reset. You can use these documents from HP online support for resetting Windows 10 and Windows 8.
If even resetting doesn’t work, as the ultimate solution, you can use the System Recovery by HP. This would get your device back to factory configuration and all the software back to their original configurations. All settings, data, files, and so on will be wiped off. You can get contact HP support assistant for that here.
All of this should put an end to your device lockups or freezing problems. But if they still persist, feel free to seek professional help, and support HP provides and contact HP support chat or call HP support phone number. You can also call on the toll-free support number mentioned on the website, and they will get you in touch with an independent third-party phone number for HP support to help you with your HP issues.
HP online support and HP driver support for Hardware problems
So, we have covered software problems till now, but going forward to some hardware issues with HP devices (Windows 10) for which you might have to visit the HP support center along with the possible reasons and tips listed with the help of Executives from the HP support number and HP chat support.
Issue 1: The device isn’t turning on.
When your device seems to be dead and doesn’t react to anything – no lights come up on plugging in the adapter, nothing happens on pushing the power button; there is no sound, nothing.
Possible problems listed with the help of HP support contact number:
- The adapter you use for charging your device failed, and there is no battery charge left in your device. You can check the Adapter using a Voltmeter. In case it doesn’t work, you can buy a new AC adapter.
- The DC jack of your device isn’t working leading to the motherboard not receiving any power through the AC adapter. In that case, you will have to get the jack replaced.
- The motherboard has failed. In that case, you can either get the motherboard replaced or buy a new device because motherboards tend to be quite expensive.
The device is turning on, the power lights have come up, the cooling fans are working, but nothing is appearing on the screen, and the screen happens to be completely blank.
Possible problems listed with the help of the HP support number:
- This could happen because of memory failure. A memory module could have failed, and therefore you might want to try reseating the memory modules making sure that the modules and the slot are in good contact. You can also replace some of the memory modules.
- If that doesn’t help, disassemble your system (remove every external attachment) and try testing again. If it still doesn’t work, the motherboard or the processor will have to be changed.
For these problems and many others, you can test your device for some Hardware failures before you visit the HP support center or try the HP support contact number. You can find the different ways of doing it listed by the HP chat support here. A lot of hardware issues will also need HP driver support to update the drivers on your device.
For hardware issues, you will anyway have to visit the HP support center even if you have figured out the issue or the solution. But if you still have any doubt and to seek professional help and support HP provides, you contact HP support chat or call HP support phone number. You can also call on the toll-free support number mentioned on the website, and they will get you in touch with an independent third-party phone number for HP support to help you with your HP issues.